After five decades of fruitful service across the globe, CRWRC is now set to transition to a new name: “World Renew.” In Mozambique the change was welcomed with questions about what the Portuguese translation of the name should be. After consultation with World Renew partners in Mozambique, we found that the Portuguese words, “Renovação Mundial” seem to capture the correct translation. This and several other questions people may be asking about the name change are things we shall have to answer over time.
I would like to assure you of World Renew’s commitment to ALL of our partners and well-wishers here.
“Our values, structure, governance policies and operations will continue unchanged. World Renew will continue to:
- be a Christ-centered and Christ-serving organization, bringing His love and hope to those effected by injustice, poverty, or disaster.
- be an agency of the Christian Reformed Church (CRC), governed by CRC members and approved by Synod.
- work with CRC churches to assist them to effectively bring mercy and justice as they are called, and encourage them to partner and serve with World Renew.
- work with funding and implementing partners throughout the world.
- focus on communities and the development of God-given community assets.
- profess, practice, and promote the Reformed theology and worldview held by the CRC.
In Mozambique, we shall continue to journey across streams and mountains to reach the poor and vulnerable to accomplish the mission of Christ and the Church, that is, loving justice, loving mercy, serving Christ.
- Praise God for the start of the CIDA sustainable livelihood projects that will be implemented in Mozambique by WR Partners namely IRM-RDD and Anglican Diocese of Niassa in the next 5 years.
- Pray for fruitful ministry by World Renew partners in Mozambique IRM-Mphatso Synod and Anglican Diocese of Niassa, as they implement projects in communities.
- Pray for our family especially Hannah, Dorcas and Emmanuel that are at school and Paul & Daniel that have started working that they will grow in their faiths and work with the Lord.
Finally, Esther and I would therefore like to say a big thank you, to all World Renew supporters and we pray that God will RENEW and bless our partnership in carrying out HIS work Ministry in Mozambique and globally. May the Lord bless and reward you richly.
Yours In His Service,
World Renew Mozambique